Thursday, January 25, 2007

Post # 5.2 My Reply

Here is my reply under Phillip's comment's section:

I apologise for name calling, ad hominem attacks are childish.

If you follow the link on http://skepdic.com/alphawaves.html,
it says, "Because alpha waves occur in relaxed states such as meditation and under hypnosis, they have been mistakenly identified as desirable. Alpha waves also occur under unpleasant conditions and when one is not relaxed. They are not a measure of peace and serenity, nor are they indicative of an altered state of consciousness."

The reason for my name calling is that it really seems like you are purporting the inferiority of transvesites and same sex marriage, though I am glad to hear you are for it.

I will indeed continue to read your comments as i find it interesting that you are clearly very intelligent but I completely disagree with you.

Regarding your analogy, I don't see how food applies to my definition of good and bad things. Would you instead say there there is only suffering and not suffering?

I know a lot of atheists use the argument regarding a benevolent god, I do to, but it is not 'atheistic' because the position of atheist is ONLY a denial of a god or gods.

What is the point on racism that I missed? You seemed to be saying that they are only words. But words can inspire hatred, just as in the examples you gave. If nose-ism caused violence to people doing wrong then yes, nose-ism would be a very bad thing.

No comments: